A Genius Named Srimad Sudhindra Tirtha
Translations of and Commentaries on the Sanskrit works of Shrimad Sudhindra Tirtha Swamiji of Kashi Math.
- Srimad Sudhindra Tirtha, the 20th pontiff of Sri Kashi Math samsthan, fits the definition of a genius in more aspects than one. Sri Sudhindra Tirtha Swamiji has composed nearly 30 stotras in chaste Sanskrit. A feat hardly achieved by any of the ascetics of these days.
- The number of verses composed by Sudhindra Tirtha Swamiji is a whopping 500!!
Nearly 350 of these are composed using the popular Anushtup Chandas, while Trishtup chandas is used in around 50 verses. Swamiji uses even complex meters and vrattas like Sragdhara, Shardula Vikridita with ease.
- The stotras also refer to a lot of incidents from Mahabharata, Ramayana, Bhagavata and other puranas and Vedic scriptures.
One can see a great devotion towards Lord and Gurus in the parampara of Kashi math throughout the stotras of Sudhindra Tirtha. As mentioned by Madhvacharya, Bhakti is defined as devotion along with knowledge of Lord’s greatness - which alone can provide emancipation
- Through these stotras, the seer has also helped devotees gain the same devotion combined with knowledge. Daily chanting/reading with understanding would definitely push the saadhaka in the right path of his/her spiritual saadhana
- Category : Cultural, Spiritual & Religion
- Language : English, Sanskrit
- Author(s) : GIRISH PRABHU K
- Pages : 215
- Publisher : Srimad Bhagavata Prakashana Trust
- Cover Type : Paper Back